For the promotion and development of Tourism in the State, the Government of Himachal Pradesh has established H.P. Tourism Development Board vide notification No. TSM-A (3)-1/2002 dated 24-11-2003.The H.P. Tourism Development Board consists of official and non-official members.
Meetings of the Board
Minutes of HPTDB Meeting
|Sr. No.||Official Member|
|1.||Hon’ble Chief Minister of H.P.||Chairman|
|2.||Tourism Minister of H.P.||Vice Chairman|
|3.||Chief Secretary to the Govt. of H.P.||Member|
|4.||Secretary (Tourism) to the Govt. of H.P.||Member|
|5.||Secretary (Finance) to the Govt. of H.P.||Member|
|6.||Secretary (Forest) to the Govt. of H.P.||Member|
|7.||Secretary (PWD) to the Govt. of H.P.||Member|
|8.||Secretary (Urban Development) to the Govt. of H.P.||Member|
|9.||Secretary (Town & Country Planning) to the Govt. of H.P.||Member|
|10.||Secretary (Youth Service & Sports) to the Govt. of H.P.||Member|
|11.||Secretary (Health, Ayurveda) to the Govt. of H.P.||Member|
|12.||Secretary (Horticulture) to the Govt. of H.P.||Member|
|13.||Secretary (Excise) to the Govt. of H.P.||Member|
|14.||Secretary (Industries) to the Govt. of H.P.||Member|
|15.||Secretary (Planning) to the Govt. of H.P.||Member|
|16.||Secretary (Law) to the Govt. of H.P.||Member|
|17.||Secretary (Language and Culture) to the Govt. of H.P.||Member|
|18.||Director (Tourism) Himachal Pradesh||Ex-Officio Member – Secretary|
Non – Official Members
|1.||Representatives of Hotel Associations||Four Members|
|2.||Representatives of Travel Agents Associations||Two Members|
|3.||Representatives of Adventure Sports Operator Associations||Two Members|
|4.||Representatives of other interested groups of tourism industry||Two Members|
|5.||Three non-official members to be nominated by the Government, by notification from amongst the persons|
having outstanding contribution or expertise in the field of development and promotion of tourism industry
and having experience of working in tourism trade.
|6.||Representatives of the registered Non-Government Organizations.||Two Members|
Terms of Office
The term of office of the non-official members is two years.
Functions of the Board
- The Board may advise the Government to lay down policy guidelines for the development and promotion of tourism in the State.
- Publicize Himachal as an attractive tourist destination within and outside the country and establish image of H.P. as safe reliable tourist destination.
- Undertake improvement in the tourist areas to the extent possible within the resources in general.
- Undertake human resource development effort for the development of sustainable tourism industry in the State.
- Take steps to motivate the private sector to encourage the tourists to visit the places of religious and cultural importance and the area of alluring natural beauty of the State by making use of the existing physical infrastructure related with tourism in an organized and effective manner.
- Take steps to organize constructive and tourism promotional activities including seminars and conference, trade fairs, cultural festivals and tourism promotional sports competition and to encourage private sector to organize and participate in such activities.
- To motivate local rural community to undertake various activities for rural tourism development.